Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 1


GarnetGarnet


Garnet, the birthstone for January,  signifies eternal friendship and trust and is the perfect gift for a friend.



Luke 6:31 And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.  ESV

In thinking of the garnet and it representing friendship, this verse would definitely apply to friendship.  It's time that we truly think of others, those who are closest to us and think a little more about them sometimes, than ourselves. I know of many friendships that have been ruined by one friend making a very selfish choice and never considering her friend at all. I think that sometimes we just take it for granted that the friend will be quick to forgive and go about doing just what it is that we want to do. We need to look at our friends and think, would we want them to do that to us? And if the answer is no, then we better change our course of action! 

It's been tough being the preachers wife and making new friends. I must admit that I have been thrown under the bus many times and personally I don't like how the tires feel!  I am a very cautious person when it comes to trusting, but believe me, when you fall into the friend category, you are just that! Yes there have been times that I have not lived up to the scripture, but my prayer for this year is that I will think more about treating others as I would like to be treated. 

May this year we think more about others than ourselves and we put scripture into practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment