Monday, June 22, 2009

June 8

Peter said to Him, "Lord, why can I not follow You right now? I will lay down my life for You."
John 13:37

In today's life we basically ask ourselves - Why can I not follow the Lord right now? And our answers are: time with our jobs, our families, or our hobbies. Think about it, we make many excuses of why we can't do things for the Lord, so that is the same as following Him. Do we even say the words - "I will lay down my life for You"? Are we making bold decisions for Christ? Are we showing others that we are completely and totally sold out for Christ? I think we are often like Paul - we have great intentions, but when push comes to shove, we may not be all we say we are. Thank goodness that God already knows our faults and weaknesses and He still loves us! May we realize where we have failed Him, and seek to be all that God has called us to be. May we put our priorities in order, spend more time with Him, and be the disciples that He can be proud of!

No comments:

Post a Comment