Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Aug. 24

Hebrews 13:18
Pray for us, for we are sure that we have a good conscience, desiring to conduct ourselves honorably in all things.


I am thinking that I have posted my thoughts on this before, but I don't want to go back and look because of what I am thinking now.

First, we all need to be prayed for, but if you don't, just pray for us, we need the prayers and you need the practice!

Second it says "we are sure that we have a good conscience" - hmm...are we? I think that we truly try, but just think of all the things that we expose ourselves to. We are not always putting the best music, movies and other situations in front of us. We listen to things that are not "positive, encouraging and not always lifting up the name of Christ", so what does that do to us? If we are not careful, we will be right there down in the mud wallowing around and getting dirty!

Over the past 20 years of being in the ministry, I have heard lots of things. People are always quick to share with us what they are hearing about the other members, other people in the community and just whoever they have heard something about. It's amazing to me! We live in such a judgemental society and that society spills right into the church where we should be the "cream of the crop". I often say that we may be the only Jesus that others see, so what kind of Jesus are we showing them? We/I have to be more careful, I/we have to be more focused on what we are putting into our lives so that when we are tipped over, it won't be mud pouring out of our buckets!

And third, I do believe that we are "desiring to conduct ourselves honorable in all things", but we have to act upon it even more and make it a reality and not a desire. So today, may be be more focused on what comes out of our mouth and be reminded that we are Jesus to somebody today. What is their first thought of what Jesus is to them from what we have to say or the way we act in front of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment