Tuesday, August 17, 2010

August 1



Colossians 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother,


What stands out to me the most is "By the will of God". I don't think we really think about this often. It wasn't our choosing to follow Christ, yes we did make that choice to follow, but it was Christ that compelled us to come. He chose us first. We should be so honored, thankful and blessed to realize that He could have said - no he/she is not worthy! But He didn't, He said I choose you! I want you to serve me and show others that you serve me too.

Thinking about this should make us realize even more how important a job we have as a Christian. We have been called to be his disciple, to represent Jesus. Do we truly think about this as we go out into the world? I think that at times we do, but it's not a constant thing on our mind as it should be. I am the first to admit that I fail Him daily!!! Staying in His word is a reminder, but as you can see, I have not been doing what I should for me and for you and Him. All I can say is forgive me and pray for me! We have a journey and I want to be more like Jesus today than yesterday and even more like Him tomorrow. Pray for me and I will pray for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment