Thursday, August 26, 2010

Aug 26

2 Timothy 3:11
persecutions, and sufferings, such as happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium and at Lystra; what persecutions I endured, and out of them all the Lord rescued me!


I think about how others have been persecuted for their love for Christ and I just feel overwhelmed. What have I really done for my Lord & Savior. I have never suffered because I am Christian. Sure things have happened to me that I wish never had, but they are just like a drop in the bucket compared to what others are going through. We live in a society that we don't even seem to be thankful that Jesus is Lord of our life. It is a big deal, but we are complacent, we just going about our own business and dont' take time to think about those others who are headed straight to hell. The disciples didn't know the others around them, they didn't really care what others thought about them, they just knew that they loved Jesus and they were suppose to share the gospel. What are we doing, what am I doing? Failing! There will probably come a day that it will get much tougher for us being a Christian, and we may get to the point of being persecuted, what we will do then? Are we still going to chose to be silent? It's time to be the mouthpiece for God - and He gave some of a big one! Forget about what others think, it's all about what God thinks anyway! Today, share the gospel, nobody is going to stone you for it and so what if they did, it will be nothing compared to what Christ did for us - He died for you and for me - willingly!

No comments:

Post a Comment