Tuesday, August 17, 2010

August 17

I Thessalonians 5:17
"pray without ceasing;"

I was looking to see how many times we may have been told to "pray without ceasing" and I find it only once. What is even more amazing to me is that I just looked for the word pray and here is how many times I found it in different versions:
New American Standard - 108
New King James - 130
King James - 306
Wow. Why has it been removed? It's scary isn't it. I think that we need to be reminded more and more that we should be praying. It makes me wonder why it would have been taken out, did people think that prayer was not important? That is one of the greatest times that we can spend with the Lord, is in prayer! So today my thoughts are for us to be reminded that we need to be praying even more. When our version of the Bible might not remind us to pray - I have been challenged to pray more and I encourage you to pray more too! Take more time out of your day to spend with God, let Him know all your cares, burdens, struggles - everything that you are going through! He wants to hear it, yes he knows but he wants to hear from His child that it is important to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment