Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Oct. 3

"On the twenty-first of the seventh month, the word of the LORD came by Haggai the prophet saying,"
Haggai 2:1



Now this may not mean very much to you, but think about the first part of the verse; it gives the date. To me, I can't help but think about journaling. That not only was it written that the word of the Lord came but when the word came. We should be challenged to make notes ourselves. When we do read the Bible, and we read something that really touches our hearts, we should journal it and make note of that date. I have had several journals over the years, I always date the pages. It has been neat to go back and read what I put and not only read it, but to compare how I thought back then to now. It's great also to see what God has done in my life. So for me, this verse is a challenge to us. Write down the things that God shows you and date them, if not only for you but for your children, friends or family to see just what God shared with you while you were here. He speaks to us all, if we will listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment