Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October 10

Open on Silver Ring Pictures, Images and Photos
Proverbs 27:9
Oil and perfume make the heart glad, So a man's counsel is sweet to his friend.


There are many smells that bring back memories and they do make us smile. Just as the scripture says there is something awesome about time with a friend. There are times when we need a friend to talk to and confide in and it's sweetest when you know they are that true friend. Sure I have friends, but I have only a few that truely know me. It's probably sad that I so guarded in friendships, but for me that is okay. Being a preacher's wife limits me to lots of things, but those who know me best know that I am faithful and trustworthy. Those who are my truest friends are the same, sad that there have been some along the way that I thought were friends, but time made the difference, it was only for a season and when it was convenient for them. All I can say is it's their loss. Now back to the scripture, be honest and truthful with your friends, always turn them to what Jesus would do, and even if they don't like hearing what you say, they know that this is what they needed and it will mean everything to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment