Demetrius has received a good testimony from everyone, and from the truth itself; and we add our testimony, and you know that our testimony is true.
III John 1:12
/ˈtɛstəˌmoʊni, or, especially Brit., -məni/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [tes-tuh-moh-nee, or, especially Brit., -muh-nee] Show IPA
–noun, plural -nies.
1. Law. the statement or declaration of a witness under oath or affirmation, usually in court.
2. evidence in support of a fact or statement; proof.
3. open declaration or profession, as of faith.
4. Usually, testimonies. the precepts of God.
5. the Decalogue as inscribed on the two tables of the law, or the ark in which the tables were kept. Ex. 16:34; 25:16.
This should make you think! What is our testimony? Yes we have the testimony of our salvation, but it also goes beyond that. What are we saying to others all the time, do they see us as being a true follower of Christ? Do they see us as real? It's awesome to hear good things, and lately we are seeing God work all around us, but is He using you and me to do His work? Just think about it. What more can we do so that others will see and know that we are doing God's work. We may have our open declaration of faith, sure they know what we believe, but do they see that evidence to support it? Be real in all that you do. May your testimony be strong and true, so that when it is reported about you that they hear it is a good testimony.