Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Feb. 16

James 3:7-8
All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and creatures of the sea are being tamed and have been tamed by man, but no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, bull of deadly poison.


I believe that as Christians we should work the hardest to tame our tongue. I heard a statement last week that keeps ringing in my ears "Character is what comes out of your mouth". We must remember this when we speak. Is Christ being shown when we speak? Would we choose to use our same words if Christ was standing next to us? I had someone apologize to me for the language he used after he found out I was a preacher's wife - my thought was - I am nobody - you should be concerned about what Christ says about it! Let your words be sweet smelling flowers that flow up to God and bring a smile to His face!

No comments:

Post a Comment