Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December 14

 Joshua 4:6
That this may be a sign among you, that when your children ask their fathers in time to come, saying, What mean ye by these stones?


What comes to mind even more for me, is what are our stones in our lives that our children may ask about. Can they see something evident in our lives that they will ask us, what does this mean? I want my children to see my faith so evident and strong, that they will ask, what makes you like you are? So my reply can be - I am different because of Jesus Christ. I serve the Lord, I don't apologize for my convictions and I will stand strong (like the stones) for what I believe in. They did not get to see the old me, but the people who knew me before knew that I lived to please me and me alone. I am no longer that person because I placed my faith in Jesus Christ and I have trusted Him as my Lord and Savior. I heard Him say, "Old things are passed away, you are a new creation". I do not want people to see me doing the things that I did before, because they would see the old me. There is something different in my life and His name is Jesus. I want to introduce my friends to Him, so that they can now have the peace and joy that I have because of Him. I know that if I died right now that I would spend my eternity in Heaven. Believe me, the night I gave my life to Christ, I was fully aware that if I had died right then, I would have busted hell wide open. My prayer is that you know where you stand with Christ and you have a stone that others will see and ask, What does that stand for?

No comments:

Post a Comment