Monday, December 13, 2010

December 6


Proverbs 12:5
The thoughts of the righteous are just, But the counsels of the wicked are deceitful.


Oh how this verse hits home to me. I now that when those thoughts are running through my head that are positive, uplifting and encouraging, that they are coming from the Lord. I also recognize that those negative thoughts that are coming through my head are not from the Lord, which means only one thing, they are from Satan! I was even sharing with Chris that sometimes when we are talking that I get quiet just because of that. The thoughts that are processing in my head are not always what they should be, and I know that if they flow out of my mouth, that they will do damage that can't be taken back. I can apologize, but the damage will still be done! I always flash back to the Lord telling me "Old things are passed away, you are a new creature in Christ." So when negative words are spewing out of my mouth, I am not a reflection of Christ, Who is now in me. Do you get where I am going? There will always be a battle, we must focus on Christ, which will therefore allow us to have the mind of Christ and we will be a reflection of Him. When we feel the not so nice thoughts and feelings start to arise, that should be a sign immediately to change our thoughts to the Lord, so we can get refocused and reflect Him. What are others seeing in you?

No comments:

Post a Comment