Monday, April 12, 2010

April 12

Zechariah 1:4
"Do not be like your fathers, to whom the former prophets proclaimed, saying, 'Thus says the LORD of hosts, "Return now from your evil ways and from your evil deeds."' But they did not listen or give heed to Me," declares the LORD.

What do we really know about our grandfathers? I didn't have the privilege of knowing my grandparent's, but I do know that my daddy's parents were Baptist, and my mother's parents, well her mother, was Methodist. (She got thrown out of the Baptist church for dancing) Going past that I have no clue to what any of my ancestors believed. I don't want it to be told of me that I was a Baptist, I want my children to tell their children that I was a Christian. That I placed my faith in Christ for my Salvation and that I lived for God! There has been a legacy left before us and we will also leave one, that do you want others to know about you? Believe me, something will be told! My prayer is that you have listened to God and turned from your evil ways and deeds, I know that I am thankful for listening, but it wasn't because of what had been in front of me. We must live it for our children and grandchildren to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment