Monday, April 5, 2010

April 8

Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit. This in one thing that I have really been trying to work on over the past few years. This is one of the truest statements in the Bible to me. Our words do have power, the sad reality is that they can kill somebodies spirit. How often do we think about that before we speak? So many people are walking around with a defeated spirit just because of what somebody said to them. We need to be more aware of not just what we say, but how we say it. This is what I am reminded of alot! The second part of this verse is speaks volumes too. It always seems that people who are bitter will spill bitterness from their lives too. They feed on it, just as the verse says. So my prayer for each one of us is that we will think before we speak, realize that what we say can destroy the person in front of us. May we be refreshing to others!

1 comment:

  1. Amen Stacey. I want to encourage others not tear down hopes and dreams. I pray we are pleasing to the Lord. May our fruit basket overflow to others. Blessings to you, B

    ReplyDelete