Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April 7

Romans 6:16
Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness?


First I don't think we like to consider ourselves as slaves, but we need to think about this verse a little deeper; You are slaves of the one whom you obey pretty much sums it up. There is no doubt that before I got saved that I lived for Satan. Now at the time I did not really think about this, but every action that I had going on in my life was defiantly against God. The night I gave my life to the Lord, I realized that if I had died that I would have busted hell wide open. After surrendering my life to Him, I realized that I could no longer be the same person as I was before. My life showed no characteristic of Jesus, and I knew that if my friends saw me doing those same things (drinking, cussing, smoking...) that they could not see what was different in my life - Jesus! I knew that I needed to change, and I knew that I wanted my friends to see I was no longer the same person that they knew before!

I think we need to do an inventory of our lives and look at just what it is that we are doing. Do we show that we are a slave to Christ? Is He the one that we obey, that we truly seek to please? Remember we have been bought by the blood of Jesus. We are His! We are a true reflection of who our master is. If you have not surrendered your life to Christ, then you are a servant of Satan and you are going to die without Chris and live your eternity separated from Him in hell. If you have surrendered your life to Christ, then you are His, you have an eternal place secured for you in Heaven where you will spend eternity with Him. This choice is yours to make, does your life reflect Who you serve?

No comments:

Post a Comment