Monday, September 27, 2010

September 27


2 Timothy 2:3
Suffer hardship with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.


The Bible clearly tells us that as Christians it will not always be easy. Hardships will come and they may come in many forms. We can all name several things in our lives that we would never hold our hands up and say "God pick me to go through this!". I know that this was not what I wanted to do when my mother got cancer. I didn't have to suffer going through the disease of cancer, but I watched my mother as she lived with us and how she suffered, I felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest. What gives me peace today is remembering her say "I thank God for having cancer in my life because this is what it took to come to know Him!" My hardship was losing my mom, but God knew exactly what was happening and gave me peace beyond measure when she passed away. He even sent me another ray of sunshine into my life, by the name of Ethan (my 4th child). Always remember that our road may not be easy that we have to travel, but God will not leave us and He will walk right beside us. He knows what we are going through and He cares! Don't ever forget that!

No comments:

Post a Comment