Monday, January 31, 2011

January 28



Proverbs 23:26
Give me your heart, my son, And let your eyes delight in my ways.


I think back to what my dad told my mom, "I gave you my heart, I didn't give you my eyes". And what a wow for me to hear this verse this morning. I can see why it is important for us to give our eyes to God too. There is alot of evil before us and we need to be careful of what we see. Sometimes we may not be able to help the image that comes before us, but we can control what happens after that look. We can remember Whose we are and Who we represent and turn our eyes away from that very appearance of evil. God wants to protect our hearts and our minds but it is up to us, to make sure we are protected. Don't entertain those evil sights! Always remember, garbage in - garbage out. Delight yourself in the ways of the the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 34:4.

No comments:

Post a Comment