Monday, May 3, 2010

May 1


Genesis 8:19
Every beast, every creeping thing, and every fowl, and whatsoever creepeth upon the earth, after their kinds, went forth out of the ark.


This is the first Emerald in the Old Testament in the King James Version.
I still get amazed thinking about all the animals on the ark, but then to think about all the creeping things, now that gives me the shivers. Makes you wonder what floor of the ark they were kept on. Did Noah's wife have a fear of spiders or other creeping things like we do? And then that makes us wonder, why do we have them? But then we know that God makes each creeping thing for a reason and they are all need for life to exist as we know it today, even when we think that flies are useless! Think about it, there wouldn't be many of anything left it were left up to us. So when you see one of God's little creatures that you really don't care for, take time to thank God for creating that little one, even thought it scares you like crazy. He knows what it best for us and sometimes we need a little scare in our lives. I bet it gives God a good laugh!

1 comment:

  1. God was totally laughing at me yesterday as a large black spider crawled up my shoulder as I was lying on the sofa. I jumped up and stripped my clothes off faster than you can say "crazy". Thank goodness we didn't have visitors! (and we never found the spider!)

    ReplyDelete