Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March 16


Mark 8:24

And he looked up and said, "I see men, for I see them like trees, walking around."


Now I had never really thought about this verse before and even wondered how you could see them like trees, but we had a missionary, Richard Schvweinseberg, at the church last week and he revealed something to me, so I thought I would share with you.


Have you thought about what trees are? They are wood. We too can be considered wood. How? We can also be used like wood; we can be building for the kingdom or we can be firewood in hell. This is our choice. When we give our lives to Christ, we will then be used for Him. We will help in building His kingdom, doing work for the Lord that is productive, making a difference, helping to make bridges to help others come to know Christ. When we don't give our lives to Christ, we know that we will spend eternity in hell, therefore our bodies will be just as wood used as firewood.


So the next time you come across this verse in the Bible, think about how you are begin used. As His child He will give you the reassurance that you are His and that He is using you. If not, then all I can suggest to you is that take this moment and place your faith and trust in Him and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. My prayer is that you are not used as firewood in hell. I would love to know that even though we may never meet, that I will get to see you again in Heaven!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a wonderful analogy! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to share it with my team tomorrow! Blessings sweet Stacie!

    ReplyDelete