Saturday, March 6, 2010

March 6

2 Timothy 4:18
And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom. To Him be glory forever and ever Amen.


As His child we do not know what that evil work may be, it could be a sickness or even cancer, but we should know that one day we will be delivered. It may be that we have to suffer for a while, whether short or long, but God has a place prepared for us that we will never have to suffer again. What a comfort! We also must remember that Christ died on that Cross for us. He experienced more pain than we ever could suffer or imagine. - so that we can have a place that we can experience with no more pain or suffering again.

Well I wrote this in Feb. of 2006, and looking back today it is wild to think that this could be where that woman who was talking with my friend could have gotten her information from. I really have no clue but I am thinking this could by why. So here goes to why the woman was questioning. She believes that some peoples lives are cut short by evil, that they could possibly die before God was ready to take them home. I had never thought about cancer as being evil - I just know it invades the body so therefore I think it is evil. I also know that God allows cancer to happen in each life. I do believe we are chosen to go through the experiences that we go through and I guess to me if they are bad, the seem "evil". I believe that God knows that before we are even conceived when we are going to die and how we are going to die, even if it is at the hands of a terrorist, which we know is evil. So now I can think about that verse applying to Jeremiah, who was killed at the hands of a terrorist, but know that Shaw who we had a memorial service for this past Thursday who died of cancer are both standing in heaven with Jesus because they placed their faith in Jesus and trusted Him as their Lord and Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment