Saturday, March 13, 2010

March14

Ephesians 2:3All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath.


I didn't necessarlily think of myself as having a sinful nature before I got saved, of course I think we all thought of ourselves as pretty decent people, not being nearly as bad as others, but in reality - we were every bit as bad as everyone else. It was after I gave my life to Christ that I realized just how wicked I was, actually it was just a little bit before I have my life to Christ that I realized I was about to bust hell wide open! I was the "them" in the verse. I lived just like the nature that was in me - sinful. Satan wasn't after me, he had me and I did just what he wanted me to do. Now I have not been perfect since I have been saved, but my goal is to strive to be better today than I was yesterday and live so that others can see Jesus in me. I think that old nature inside tries to rear its ugly head along the way, but we must remember we are not that old person anymore. Old things are past away, we are a new creation in Christ! Our reflection should be Jesus and not the old ugly wick person that we use to be. Sometimes we need to be reminded of who we were before Christ, that we should be thankful that Christ died on the cross for our wicked ways, so that we can have that new life and even better have eternal life with him. Thank God today for showing you that without Him you and I were nothing, but with Him we are complete, whole and no longer wicked!

No comments:

Post a Comment