Friday, March 5, 2010

March 5

Romans 14:1
Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters.


Wow, this hits me hard. I had a conversation with somebody who was sharing with another Christian even to the point of arguing with her and the other women even went as far as telling her she was just a young Christian, she just didn't understand. My "young Christian" friend has been saved for 8 years and has an extremely strong faith!

Where this verse hits me, is about passing judgment. Yes I picked up my heavy stone and was ready to hurl it at the woman. But what I shared with my friend was that we just have to remember we do not all believe things the same way, sometimes even when we are Christians, but we must lay back and not argue when we know that neither of us are going to change our minds. I told her to stand firm in what she believes, and until God changes her mind about it, stick with it. I guess you can tell that I believe the same way about the subject that she does. I have even asked God to help me in this matter. That if I am wrong about what I was sharing that He would let me know.

Today, lets think about how others feel and try not to pick up those stones and throw, when we think that we really have the right to, because we don't! Pray for them and ask God to reveal himself to them, let Him handle it, He wants us to pray for them, guide them, and leave the rest to Him!

1 comment: